Cold water tank empty even tho ball valve tied up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I replaced the ball valve lever in my cold water tank as the constant dribbling was getting annoying. The old one clearly needed replacing. Anyway I tied up the new one last night as there was a slight dribble after about 15 minutes with the thought that I hadnt fixed it properly and I wake this morning to find that the whole tank has drained.

Is this an indication of a huge leak somewhere? No taps were used that would drain the tank and there is no sign of where the whole tank of water went.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A leak or a failed ball valve in a toilet cistern where the toilet cistern overflow drains into the toilet pan. ( that is assuming the toilet is fed from the cold water tank )

Thanks Bernard!

Almost certain you have found the problem. The water level in the toilet is too high (not high enough to overflow). There is a slight flow back into the bowl via the siphon so there is a small but constant refill going on.

I'll lower the fill level :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back