Cold water tank overflow since drain down

A 10/4 Cistern, (Tanks are sealed vessels such as Hot Water cylinders), of the type/size usually used for Feed and Expansion on central heating systems, are 10 gallon actual capacity. So with 4.542 litres to a gallon, the maximum capacity can only be 45 litres.

As long as there is enough water in the cistern to cover the outlet at all times, it'll be fine. If the ballvalve is knackered, replace with a Part 2 type, and set the float as low as possible to begin with, see how that works.

Sponsored Links
I might be going nuts but there is no way the tank i have holds 100l. More like 20l
Nah, the volume of water in your heating system (pipes, radiators) will be around 100 litres, not the F & E tank- that'll be 20 or so :)

Nah, the volume of water in your heating system (pipes, radiators) will be around 100 litres, not the F & E tank- that'll be 20 or so :)
My thoughts exactly. Visually I was thinking of 50x2l bottles of water and thinking no chance the tiny f+e tank in my loft is anywhere close.

Now I see the comment said system not tank!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back