Overflow in main water tank

So one would be specified hp and the other lp then ?

Rico

Thats correct, if you notice in the link it say for high pressure.

It's only the plastic ones you get a choice.

You can change the nozzle if you save the spare plastic ones.

Sponsored Links
5 pages and counting :LOL: :LOL: The pictures show an Equilibrium valve :idea: the poster needs a pressure reducing valve on his incoming mains supply. Get back to your gas boilers :rolleyes: :LOL:

Mac,

Those 2 are essentially the same valve, just made by different companies.

If you look at your current valve and the last 2 you posted, on the top of the newer ones there is a plastic elbow on the top, thats where the water comes from.

On yours it comes from the bottom.

As for differing pressures, they should come with 2 different coloured nozzles.
One has large opening in the nozzle for low pressure and the other has a smaller hole for high pressure.

Rico

Ah, okay - many thanks (yet again) to you and everyone else for your help. I'll see what I can get in terms of a new high pressure valve, spare washers and a 6" copper float. Fingers crossed.

Got to say a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice given.

Cheers and beers!

Sponsored Links
5 pages and counting :LOL: :LOL: The pictures show an Equilibrium valve :idea: the poster needs a pressure reducing valve on his incoming mains supply. Get back to your gas boilers :rolleyes: :LOL:

So I need a pressure reducing valve, a high pressure valve, spare washers and a 6" copper float. If that lot doesn't fix it ......

Cheers ;)

PR valve on the rising main (assuming 15mm copper) Normal part 2 High Pressure. float valve. Normal size plastic float. And a Uni. course to be a gas fitter :LOL: 2 O levels to be a Plumber ;)

So I need a pressure reducing valve, a high pressure valve, spare washers and a 6" copper float. If that lot doesn't fix it ......

Cheers ;)

I would try a HP part ballvalve first, they should hold off normal mains pressure easily.

Cheers ;)

I would try a HP part ballvalve first, they should hold off normal mains pressure easily.

Cheers - again!

What is an HP *part* ball valve? Just a HP ball valve?

Mac,

I think Scruff missed out the number 2.

Get a ball valve like the 2 you posted from screwfix.

A High Pressure Part 2 Ball Valve.

Rico

6" floats are designed for larger ( 3/4" ) ball valves.

Over a period of time they might cause early wear on the valve seat and shaft bearing.

In theory, as they will only push the same as a 4" float to the same point that the flow ceases, fitting a larger valve should make absolutely no difference in a properly working and installed system.

Tony

6" floats are designed for larger ( 3/4" ) ball valves.

Over a period of time they might cause early wear on the valve seat and shaft bearing.

In theory, as they will only push the same as a 4" float to the same point that the flow ceases, fitting a larger valve should make absolutely no difference in a properly working and installed system.

Tony

No, Tony on just about all of your post.

They make different size floats for different applications, they have different threads for 1/2" valves 5/16" :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back