coldwater overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't think these are related, but we have just had a new radiator fitted in our dining room. The pipes have always been there but the radiator hasn't, anyway since it has been fitted or it may just be a coincidence i've noticed that the overflow pipe which sticks out from just under the roof eaves is dripping more or less constantly.

I've never noticed this before as it drips directly onto floor at the side of my house and consequently a puddle of water has formed.

can anyone shed light on why this is dripping??

i've had a quick look in the loft and we seem to have two water storage tanks one smaller than the other, I think the overflow is coming from the smaller of the two

please help me somebody

Mark :( :(

Sponsored Links
I think you'll need to have a longer look at the tanks. Check the ball-cock valves of each to make sure the valve closes as the water level raises the float.

I once fixed a neighbour's problem of this kind. The header tank lid had colapsed and was holding the ball float down, thereby keeping the valve open.

it may be that when the new rad was fitted it needs more water, so the ball valve opened and may have "dirt" in it stopping it from closing completly.

Try pushing down on the ball valve, yes it will let more water in making the drip a flood, but it may also clear what is holding the valve slightly open.

If not change the vlave, very cheap from any good hardware store

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back