Colour and texture of new footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this normal? The colour, looks wet and shiny in areas and looks light and normal in others.
It isn't very abrasive resistant, in that I can scratch the surface with my finger nail. Finishing the fill 60 hours ago.

I can though walk on it without leaving any kind of imprint etc.

The mix was a 5 to 1, but fill was on a slightly rainy day for which I had to drain a few areas of the trench. The mix was probably a lot wetter than it should as I wanted to be able to spread it easier and didn't want it to start curing half way through the fill.

Does this look normal or not? Or should it resolve with more time.

Was hoping to be laying a couple layers of blocks to bring it to floor level today but think it's too soon still..
20220101_081734.jpg
20220101_081706.jpg
20220101_081711.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Looked that up and that makes sense as the areas with the most are the areas that seems to need draining and displacing the water upwards when filling.

Everything I read seems to be relayed to removing it for finishing.

So you don't think I'll need to do any prep to it for laying foundation blocks and mortar on top? Since a nice finish is not at all necessary for the footings.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back