coloured grout recommendations

Joined
18 May 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen is being refitted by the council and I can provide my own tiles and other bits. I am choosing a metro tile in sage green. I need to have all the goods ready for when the fitter and tiler comes. Two questions:

1. What is a good brand of grout the tiler will be happy to work with?
2. what colour grout recommended for a warm finish - I have seen Mapei in Jasmine (at Wickes) Is this any good ?
 
Grout in kitchen tends to discolour with grease etc, I would use a mid grey grout .
 
If you want a grout which will stay the same colour after grease or tomato sauce/etc, go for an epoxy grout.


I have only worked with it a few times. It is more expensive and a pig to work with if you are not familiar with it (you cannot polish the excess away as you would with powder based grout). The tub has a bag of catalyst sitting on top. You mix the two. The catalyst makes it cure faster. If you do go down that path, offer to buy the tiller a few pints.

It is an amazing product, if you need to, you can scrub it with green scouring pads... and the green water from the pad will not stain it.

As per @foxhole , I would go for a grey.

I used white epoxy once on a marble floor. It would get dirty with kids' muddy shoes but could be cleaned. A darker epoxy would have required less cleaning.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top