colouring grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys i have laid some slabs and am nearly at the pointing stage, i would like to grout them a buff colour to match the slabs, any advice on how to get the colour to match and what product is the best to achieve this.
thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
You could buy some buff pigment from here.

http://www.cemcraft.com/

you wouldn't need a great deal of the stuff maybe 1kg so it would be quite cheap.

If you wanted it to match the slabs you would be bast to experiment with the stuff to get the right mix.

Mortar colourizer just doesn't last well on paving jointing as it takes such a hammering and is constantly wet. If you use a buff colour it will be ok for a while and then will fade to a lighter grey/buff colour.

If you want a really consistant lasting colour you need to use a pre mixed mortar or jointing compound.

Mortar colourizer just doesn't last well on paving jointing as it takes such a hammering and is constantly wet. If you use a buff colour it will be ok for a while and then will fade to a lighter grey/buff colour.

If you want a really consistant lasting colour you need to use a pre mixed mortar or jointing compound.
can you explain what that is please and where i might obtain it
thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
There are 2 types.

Resin based jointing like Rompox D1 or marshalls weatherpoint 365 or cement based premixed mortars like Larsen GPM or parex granatech.

They are all obviously more expensive than good old mortar.

Some are applied as a slurry and the gpm is usually applied with a mortar gun like a big caulking gun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back