Colouring or staining dried cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I Google this for products, I'm given plenty of choices for dyes and pigments that you use when making cement but can't find any for cement that is already set.

As you should see in the photo, I would like to colour the cement to match the blocks as much as possible.

20170320_071249.jpg

Is this actually possible and if so, how do I go about it? Are there products that are specifically made for this or do I have to use some kind of general paint instead?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, it's called concrete stain.
But I'll wash out if you don't seel it.
You could try just some watered down concrete dye and paint it on and see what happens.

Thanks.

Actually this was the very first thing I already saw when I started searching. I thought I was in luck as it was cheap and in a small quantity but when I checked out the maker's website (not that helpful) it seems to hint that it's added when making concrete so I thought bugger.

Are you saying that I could apply this but then use a sealer afterwards?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back