Column Radiator feet on solid floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

first post, go gentle please.

im looking to install a column radiator on column radiator feet. had to put feet and wall stays on upstairs rad because the wall was a bit iffy, and the feet secured onto floorboards with short tec screws.

now i am sorting out a downstairs room, i want to put the rad on feet and wall stays again, but the floor is concrete and right under where the supporting feet need to go are the supply and return pipes buried in concrete. i have no exact way of working out how deep the pipes are without meddling.

what would be a suitable way to secure the feet to the floor if i cant use screws? can i no-nails them down, is that daft?
or do i not need to secure them due to the weight of the rad they wont move anywhere? (ultra cautious side of me would prefer to secure them somehow)

pic of radiator feet attached as example.

all help gratefully received in advance.
Dan

Attachments

• trushfee3w_co_2_1000.jpg
    trushfee3w_co_2_1000.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
My (uniformed) gut instinct is that gluing them down will be fine given that the weight of the rads will hold them in place, but if you have an aggressive cleaner that whacks them with the vacuum cleaner, it might not be a good move.

As suggested, all the feet do is support the weight, the wall anchors should stop it from moving, that and if it's rigid pipework, that will help too. A little adhesive wouldn't be a bad thing either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back