Relocating a radiator - pipe size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm replacing a radiator witha new 4 column job, and also relocating it a few feet further along the wall as the current one is in an alcove (which is a perfect size for a dresser).

I was thinking of using (and have bought the necessary) 10mm copper pipework to run from the exsiting pipes where they come out of the conduit (in a concrete floor). I wanted to do this just because it will hopefully be neater running the smaller pips round the skirting.

However, I've been reading a bit about it and many plumbers or diy experts on forums like this one don't seem to like microbore very much.

Considering the rest of the system is 15mm, would there be a real problem using about 8 feet of microbore to one rad?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Rob :)

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't be a problem for a small rad. May have to pay more than average attention to Balancing.

Thanks Chris,

Part of my worry was that it's a much larger (in BTU terms) rad than previous. It's only 800 x 600 mm but it's 4 column, so a hefty btu (or at least i hope it is, it's a big room)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back