Chasing pipes into wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a house, 50s build with concrete ground floor. It needs a new heating system. At the moment, the pipes come from the back boiler and are visible pretty much throughout. You can see where they go under the doorways and on the skirting etc. It's all being pulled out, rads, boiler, pipes and all.

Anyway, due to me wanting everythin hidden and chased (and I want pipes emerging from the wall, not the floor), is there anything wrong with using microbore? Im thinking of just having two large radiators for the living room and the large kitchen/diner, then one medium rad in the hallway. I may be able to just have one 15mm/22mm drop from upstairs in a cupboard, or box across an alcove back, then run the microbore off this.

When using 8mm, what kw can you get out of it? Ie what is the biggest rad you can put on it? Or should i use 10mm? Can you get insulation to fit microbore sizes?

If i were to chase the floor, how deep could I go before I hit any kind of membrane in a 50s house?

A heating engineer will be doing the piping, I will do the donkey work prep.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back