Column radiators

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
usually single or double hooks, size of rad dependent

1696370225919.png
1696370266023.png

Thanks, what's the best way of setting them up to hang them? Bottom bracket first then place rad. on. Then mark top brackets?

Not a direct reply but the house I bought in 2019 had three column radiators. All useless. Last year I replaced two with ordinary horizontal rads and spent last winter much warmer and having used less gas. Only thing stopping me replacing the third is that it's on a plasterboard wall with unknown studwork, plumbing and wiring behind.

1st one to agree with that. Columns are terrible at space heating. They work quite happily in small spaces as the radiant heat is more effective but they are useless at convection which is how larger space are more effectively warmed up.

A lot of clients match the output to their existing convecting radiator but then find their larger rooms are much colder, as the columns, unless they are way oversized, just can't heat the space as efficiently.

and add to that most vertical rads are fancy rads with no surface area either so for their physical size they give out way less than a type 22. if you go vertical id go extruded aluminum as they tend to have alot more surface area as they can be in much finer shapes that steel rads

take this one 470x1800 double 7990 btu 2343W DT50 or 361mm2 per w

and this larger steel one in 534x1800 6671btu 1953w DT50 410mm2 per w

even if you go up to the 534x2000 variant it still gives out less at 7808btu and 2286W 476mm2 per w

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back