Combi and HWT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A colleague of mine was talking the other day about his heating set up at home, he lives in a social housing house which has a combi boiler and a hot water tank for 'emergency' use to supply hot water if the boiler fails.

I have not seen the setup my self but am confused as to why there is a 'dual system' in the house.

I only ask as I wish to update and change my own set up at home and am looking at different ways to achieve this!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like he has a conventional condensing boiler feeding a dhw cylinder with an immersion for backup.
Most people confuse combination with condensing for some reason.

According to him when he turns on the hot tap the boiler starts up immediately, there are also controls on the front to change the temperature for hot water and heating??

Underneath the is a pipe for gas, cold water feed, two for heating and a hot water feed!

Sponsored Links
It seems that the houses were initially destined to be for the less able bodied and as such the immersion tank is just a back up system and has only a feed from the loft tank.

The down stairs toilet has larger than average doors and is set up as a wet room also!

Mystery solved perhaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back