Combi Boiler, 5 rads; 1 cold. BAR increase!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

So far this forum has been very helpful to me to solve some issues with my boiler. But I have come across something I am unsure of.

There are 5 rads in our flat and one of the rads in the bedroom is cold it has been ever since I moved in and tried the central heating.
I have been trying to solve the problem by turning all the rads off except the cold one in the bedroom and then firing the boiler up.

For a few seconds the boiler is happy and seems to be working something out, but then I watch the pressure gauge start to rise very fast and it goes beyond the red warning hand on the gauge... ast which point I switch the boiler off.

My question is, if I dont switch it off even though the pressure is rising will this damage the boiler? by the way the boiler makes strange noises at the point and sounds like it shuffling around heavy objects inside.

the boiler model is an Ariston EUROCombi and it is currently reading 2 bar and this is also where the red warning pin is pointing. I have a feeling this is rising ever so slighty too.

I have also noticed a small leak that has occurred underneath the boiler and is coming through the protective metal grid/housing of the boiler and hitting the draining bowl next to our sink.

Many thanks

plunder

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back