Combi Boiler, But tank in loft...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a flat that I thought just had a combi. I moved in and found that there wasnt a great deal of pressure from the cold in the bathroom.

After routing around I found that my combi is not how i thought it was.

Can anyone tell me why this is like this? as I wanted to replace the combi with a new one and install a mains pressured shower.

Is there any reason why I cant have this tank taken out ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Whats my boiler model got to do with the price of eggs?

Are you pulling my leg?

I would just like to know why I have a combi and a tank..? Im not looking for a plumber as I have one scheduled I would just like to understand the situation I'm in.

Sponsored Links
Oh well I'm sorry but I am at work at the moment so cant check, but I do know that the tank does not feed the combi, it only feeds the bathroom cold taps.

Lisa35 said:
Im not looking for a plumber as I have one scheduled I would just like to understand the situation I'm in.

Well ask him then and then refuse to clarify the situation - presumably he is getting paid for his advice.

Sounds like a cheap installation to me. With a combi all colds should be mains fed as is the hot obviously :rolleyes:

the answer to your question lisa is yes you can take the tank out. sounds like it was part of the old system. only advantage you got is that you do have a tank of stored water if there ever is a water cut.

but the installation is one where the plumber or maybe a diy..er for whatever reason, saw a way of making his job easier. guess the tank feeds basin bath and w.c. cold taps. you will have a problem if you decide to put mixer taps on. as the water is coming through at different pressures. one (sounds like) low pressure from tank, and one nearly mains pressure from combi, so gas4u is right that it is poor installation.
certainly not a major problem... your plumber will just tap off the mains pipe going to your tank and hopefully everything will be ticketiboo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back