Combi Boiler constantly firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Vokera Linea Max HE Floor Standing combi Boiler

Has worked fine with pressure having to be upped every now and again. However, over the last week, the flame fires up, stays on for around 10 seconds, goes off and then repeats constantly. Heating is fine, hot water is really hot for first 10-20 seconds then goes lukewarm. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Check your manual. A combi can have a preheat without having a storage tank. It will be keeping the plate heat exch hot. Your boiler is fitted with preheat. Section 2.3.1

Sponsored Links
Linea MAX is fitted with HEATSTORE, so it will be in preheat mode to keep the vessel topped up :rolleyes:

Thanks DP, missed that, but I was really pointing out to the OP that combis can have preheat without being fitted with primary stores. Happy new year.

However OP is also complaining about Luke Warm water after 10secs, so could be problem with Diverter Valve or sludge or Debris in plate HE?

There is more to this fault than "preheat" selected!

P.S. Happy New Year to All ;)

It sounds to me as if the store is not being heated at all.

I am not very familiar with this model but if the control settings have not been changed then there is a fault, possibly a heat sensor or a diverter or transfer pump.

Its likely to need a competent engineer if its failed other than by the settings having been changed.

I do find that few customers with storage combis really understand how they operate.

Tony

This boiler is basically a Linea with a 60l store .
Turn the heating off and check rads are not heating.
Sounds like the divertor is passing/ stuck.

Thanks guys and a belated happy new year (rotten flu). Don't suppose anyone can recommend someone to fix in the LN13 area of Lincolnshire??

Be careful who you call.

Unfortunately many boiler repairers are not very familiar with storage combis, probably because they are not very common.

If you cannot find a recommended engineer then a manufacturer's engineer might be a solution although I think the Vokera service is quite expensive.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back