Combi boiler creaking noise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a combi boiler that creaks all the time when the CH is on and was just wondering if any of yoy guys knew what the cause was?

Also, the plumber left the pressure at 2bar and for some reason it has dropped to 1, where it always was from instal. I noticed the drop in pressure from my shower which made me look. Any ideas why this has happened?

Thanks again guys.

Sponsored Links
OK, just checked the pressure again and it seems to be up just over 2 bar so that's cool. Must have been an oversight on my part. Apologies folks!

The creaking noise seems to be coming from the pipe coming from the top of the boiler. It's a 105e (Baxi).
How I know is that when I put slight pressure on the chimney like pipe the creaking stops. Hope that makes things a bit clearer. Any ideas with that in mind?

Presure will go up when it's hotter, but 1 bar rise is sign of pressure vessel needing air. See Pressure Problems in the FAQ.

Creaking is probably just thermal expansion.

Thanks Chris, any way to stop the creaking? It is quite annoying.

Sponsored Links
Is it actually the boiler creaking or is it the pipes from it?

Thanks Breesey, it's the chimney like pipe coming from the top that seems to be creaking, here is a picture:

l_a3260275605f399b68fc165bd17a8129.jpg

It was never like this before and appears to be constant now when the bolier is on, either for water or heating. When I put some mild pressure on the pipe the creaking stops so does not appear to be anything serious. Anything spring to mind? Bar me moving into the boiler room full time or leaving my hand there :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back