Combi boiler discharge & McAlpine waste trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
McAlpine do a kitchen sink waste trap that has a 22mm input for condesate discharge.

The combi boiler, an 8 years old Worcester 25si, has a 15mm pushfit connection for the discharge straight after the relief valve.

The gas fitter had taken a 15mm copper pipe straight from that to the outside of the house as the boiler is installed in the kitchen next to a window. I did chop that pipe before replastering.

As all the walls have now been replastered, instead of making another hole to take the pipe out of the boiler to the outside, could I take the pipe all the way underneath the sink and connect it with a 15mm-22mm reducer to the McAlpine trap ?

This is the kitchen layout if it helps:

Sponsored Links
CONDENSATE PIPEWORK:
• The condensate pipe must be a minimum of
22 mm Ø plastic pipe.

• Wherever possible the condensate
discharge pipe work should be routed and
terminated internally. Should this not be
possible, and the only available route is
external, the following conditions should be etc etc

taken from M.I. instructions W.B. greenstar 28i junior in answer to your question follow M.I. for the boiler fitted in the property

CONDENSATE PIPEWORK:
22 mm Ø plastic pipe.

taken from M.I. instructions W.B. greenstar 28i junior in answer to your question follow M.I. for the boiler fitted in the property

The OP is asking about the pressure relief discharge not condense i think

Sponsored Links
CONDENSATE PIPEWORK:
22 mm Ø plastic pipe.

The OP is asking about the pressure relief discharge not condense i think

Thats what I thought to Pablo

Could someone give me a definite answer please as I will have to return the McAlpine trap if I have to route the relief valve discharge outside.

This is the picture from where the pipe comes from:
and the boiler:

in detail:

McAlpine do a kitchen sink waste trap that has a 22mm input for condesate discharge.

Thats odd, I always thought those connections were for washing machine wastes.

Just as well I only do boilers and not general plumbing!

At least I never muddle up condensate and pressure release vent connections like they seem to do in Manchester!

Tony

Take the 15mm pipe to outside and turn the pipe back facing the wall using two elbows, so any discharge will spurt onto the wall not people. No need to sleeve the pipe. It must be soldered copper.

There are exceptions, and some safety discharge pipes can discharge into the drain. A dry HepVo trap and tundish is needed and high temperature drain pipes and fitting. These exceptions are with an Atmos appliance and in flats subject to building control.

Yes that trap has a washing machine connection, but opposite may be the 21mm condensate connection. I am not sure if this combi is a condensing model. If so then this is the trap will do, Number ASC10-CO.
http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/productlist.asp
The condensate connection is on the side - a 21mm compression connection.

i must have misread this one YES the pressure relief must go outside the condensate can go inside
tony e

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back