COmbi Boiler does not fire sometimes

ij

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
I have a Alpha 240E combi boiler. Recently got the diverter valve changed as the boiler was not working.
Now after running well for a few hours, the boiler gets stuck on water-mode and there is no hot water neither heating in the house. I can see that there is no flame in the boiler. When I knock/tap on the boiler on the lower front part, the flame appears and both hot water and heating starts to function properly. Again after few hours, the boiler will get stuck on water mode.
Please help.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
You say that you "got the diverter valve changed".

Who changed it and was it the complete valve which was changed?

It seems as if it was sticking which would not happen with a full new unit.

They can be repaired by replacing an internal part or its possible to buy "reconditioned" parts which actually means repaired.

Tony

hi Tony,

The boiler was not working 1 month ago and I had called a engineer who replaced the diverter valve with new one, old one had lot of limescale on it. Now the boiler seems to work, but after every few hours of normal functioning i have to tap it to start the flame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back