vailant ecotec 838 combi instaled, on heating mode boiler on limp mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
i had recently combi boiler instaled one of vailant advance approved enginerer.
hot water works fine. on heating mode, boiler starts with full flame and after a second drop to low flame and never reach target temperutre set for heating.
its like in a limp mode, works but like a safety divice activated,
enginer said that its very efficent boiler thats why its like this.
which i dont beive that/
any thought would be helpfull
best wishes

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/conversa...r-on-limp-mode-low-flame.35356/#ixzz6boS9dmHs

Sponsored Links
FD065222-37A1-41AE-AE9D-10CF2FFEB4C4.jpeg

Good evening,

What controls are you using? What’s the temperature set to on the boiler thermostat and room thermostat? Any zone valves installed?

Target temperature set for 60
Room thermostat on maximum.
Combi boiler so no zone valve involved

Sponsored Links
Seen plenty of combi’s on zone valves. Do any rads get hot? Do you have trv’s on the radiators? Are you sure the target is set to 60?

EDit: also the link you provided doesn’t work.

Last edited:
Yes I m sure target temperature set 60 degrees on the boiler,
Tvr valves all open fully

I’d be getting the installer back then, something obviously isn’t right, unless you have ebus controller, but even so, should heat up decent enough.

Press the top right hand button and post back what s code is showing when the boiler is in limp mode and how many rads do you have ?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back