Vailant 838 ecoTECH Combi- Can't find comfort mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've moved into a new place and it has a Vailant 838 combi boiler which was installed in the last few months. I've noticed when you turn the hot water taps on it takes 15-30sec for the water to warm. I was reading if you turn on comfort mode it should speed things up, but I don't seem to have the comfort mode option. I can adjust the water temp but don't get any other options or sub menus for comfort mode available as an extra? or do all 838 boilers come with them? Would it have an expansion tank too?

Thanks.
Sid

Sponsored Links
If it's the digital display with 4 buttons, press the top left one twice (once to wake it up) then iirc it will display if comfort mode is on denoted by a C, it might display text asking comfort mode on? Then it's the bottom right button and then top right to confirm.

Hi,
Thanks for your replies.
I tried to turn it all the way up and then down but it made no difference. My boiler does have 4 buttons and I tired the top left twice and it took me to the temp setting. I did not see a C or have any other option. This is all I see.
upload_2019-12-14_23-41-24.png

Sponsored Links
For a Novice you do know your beans (y)

I’ve been working in the industry for 15 years, but with the same company. When I read what everyone on here knows I think I’m a novice compared to these guys (maybe I’m due a name upgrade?). I’ve been working on heating and boilers for about 3-4 years now, and vast majority of our boilers are Vaillant. No real knowledge of many others, and haven’t really had the chance to work on s-plans and y-plans.

Hi sorry for not getting back.
So I've tried what The Novice suggested from the manual and even looked at YouTube vids going through the process on turning comfort mode on and off, but I do not get any options for comfort mode. I'm going mad :mad:.
Do all Vaillant 838 boilers have this option or is it only on certain models?
Could there be a fault with the boiler?
Thanks

I'm sure I'm doing it right. I press the first button with the line in the bottom left-hand corner then the button with the line in the bottom right-hand corner, but nothing happen. The temperature just flashes. There are no options.

upload_2020-2-9_1-5-28.png
Have a look at my vid!

How far is the tap you are using from the boiler? All the cold water in the pipes has to flow out first before you get any hot, whether in comfort mode or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back