combi boiler filler loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help. Just taken a radiator off. Heating is via a combi boiler, dont know the make i am afraid. Pressure on boiler is at 0.5 bar. firstly is it safe to run the system at 0.5 bar, as i cannot locate the filler loop. There is no sign of one around the boiler. Anyone know where else it may be located?? to let water into system - please help

Sponsored Links
Dam, kevs broken the chrystal ball again.

Have to post the make and model of the boiler now.

I am having some difficulty comprehending your situation. Assuming its your property then why are you unable to find the make and model of your boiler?

In fact its pretty irrelevant unless its one of the vaillant, worcester or glow-worm which have a built in filling loop.

For the moment its probably alright to operate it with only 0.5 Bar but it should be 1.5 bar.

You really should try to locate the filling loop. If you only recently moved in the ask the previous owner or landlord.

I once located on under the floorboards!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I will note the make of boiler, just didnt note it before came to use computer. When you say some boilers have internal filling loop, do you mean they self fill back up or that you need to take the cover off to operate the loop?
thanks for help so far

As of the time of writing I know of no combi that will fill itself, its a wonderful idea though, maybe you can patent the idea.

A fiiling loop is normally constructed of a flexible braided pipe with a valve at each end, however some boilers as mentioned have an internal loop which is part of the boiler as opposed to the flexible braided type, which is quite obvious upon sight.

Hence the need to know the make of your boiler.

Most combi's will shut themselves down at around 0.5 or 0.6.

thanks - this boiler clearly has no braided loop ( I have seen these before). I havent moved into house yet, was given acces to do this radiator so am waiting for boiler type etc. If it is an internal loop, can you explain how I would operate .

When I first took rad off. pressure was 0.5 but did go up on it own to 1bar. Is this normal

really sorry to be annoying but if you can explain internal loop operation would be really grateful, and will post boiler make

thanks

I am having some trouble in not saying that you are being annoying.

As you have been told, WHEN you tell us the make and model of boiler, THEN we will tell you what you can do.

All boilers are different and have different methods. For example some Worcesters have a "key" which the vendor should pass on to you.

Tony Glazier

The owner has told me boiler is a Worcester CDI. Does that help?
thanks so far

it fills with a key
remove the bottom panel insert key and open the grey knob ;)

Re-pressurising The System (See Fig. 1a).
(If in doubt leave this procedure to your installer).
Remove the bottom panel to gain access to the
filling loop assembly.
Insert the bayonet end of the filling key into the
corresponding cut outs in the filling loop housing and
twist to lock the key in place.
Turn the grey knob anti-clockwise to allow water
ingress and fill until the required pressure is reached.
Turn the grey knob clockwise to stop filling and
remove the filling key by lining up the bayonet end of
the key with the cut outs in the filling loop housing and
withdrawing the key.
N.B. The key must always be removed from the
filling loop housing after the system has been filled to
prevent accidental filling and to comply with Bylaw 14
of the Water Bylaws Scheme.
Store the key in a safe place for future use and refit
the bottom panel.

extract from the user instructions :idea:

There just look at that!

Within 40 minutes of telling us what model of boiler you have all the original manufacturers instructions are posted for you! What a wonderful free service!

Make sure the vendor passes on the key to you!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back