Combi Boiler Filling Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been reading entries where people have bled radiators and lost pressure in their central heating system - I think I've done this, and need help! Can anyone tell me where I might find this much-referred to 'filling valve' or 'filling loop'? My boiler is made by Ariston, no idea what model, it's recent, but very basic (has a clockwork-type timer and just a few buttons!).

Thank you in anticipation!

Sponsored Links
its not in the boiler, its near it. here is ours

fillhose.jpg

officially its not supposed to be left connected which may be why you cant see it, but you can see what you are looking for, ignore "thing" top left hand corner of pic

OK, I found something similar, but turning it doesn't seem to do anything! Should I be being more patient, or am I barking up the wrong tree? The thing I found was underneath the boiler, 2 pipes attached with a thing like in the picture, each with a tap on. Undoing either tap doesn't seem to do anything. One of the pipes has a 'scale inhibitor' attached - would that be the one going into the boiler? Is that the one I should undo???

you said One of the pipes has a 'scale inhibitor' attached - would that be the one going into the boiler? Is that the one I should undo??? remember i said ignore "thing" top left hand corner of pic

well mine is vaguely similar to yours (thing in top left of pic)

you should turn BOTH taps on. one all the way, the other slowly, you should then watch the pressure guage rising, when it gets to 1 or 1.5 bar, turn off tap, then turn off other tap too.

all done

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back