Potterton Combi boiler filling pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a potterton Combi boiler that needs pressure. But I can't see where the filling is supposed to happen. From what I've seen before there is supposed to be some sort of filling loop. But looking at this, both points with the black valve seem to be terminated instead of connected to a filling loop. Has the filling loop not been installed? Pic below

IMG-20191023-WA0015.jpg

Sponsored Links
Flexi hose is probably laying about somewhere. Its actually supposed to be removed after filling / topping pressure, but not many people do .

It should be like that i.e. not permanently connected. Is the braided hose perhaps on top of the boiler?

I'll have a look for it. Which two points do I connect it to? and I assume I turn the black valves on both points ?

Sponsored Links
The two chrome valves. Take the caps off, connect the braided hose and turn the black handles till they are in line with the valves.

Unusual for it to be removed (although it is supposed to be) just be wary it may have been removed due to one of the valves passing.... Have a cloth and bowl ready when you unscrew the caps and don't take them fully off until you're sure there's not water coming at you behind them!

20191024_165510.jpg
filling loop as per pic, get yoursrlf a braided flexi hose, wont cost you more then £10 even with valves that come with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back