combi boiler flashing 3.2bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
The boiler issued a f.32 fan warning
then a f.75 pump water shortage warning
i opened the filling loop after advice that would get it started. the pressure gauge did not increase. so i probably left it open too long.
the boiler now starts but says 3.2 bar and flashes. is it safe to run? the pressure gauge is at around 1.5 bar so i dont know why the discrepency.
i am led to believe i have to drain a radiator from reading on here.
the radiators are like this https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/revive-750h-x-400l-double-deluxe-radiator-k2#.VkhQmnbhCiM
but have crosco stelrad written on them.
they are connected by hose at the bottom. when i attempt to undo the nuts the entire fixing just twists where it enters the radiator. they are very tight. is this the right way to do it for one of these? am i even doing the right thing?
sorry i am abit of a newb with all this but i cant get anyone out to look at it for a while

Sponsored Links
Pressure gauge could be blocked.

Pressure sensor could be FUBAR.

Why is your radiator connected with a hose? Only an idiot would use hoses to connect a radiator to pipe work.

If they have, then christ knows what state the rest of the system is and sludge and all manner of crud could be in the boiler.

Time for a professional methinks.

Hi.
The boiler issued a f.32 fan warning
then a f.75 pump water shortage warning
i opened the filling loop after advice that would get it started. the pressure gauge did not increase. so i probably left it open too long.
the boiler now starts but says 3.2 bar and flashes. is it safe to run? the pressure gauge is at around 1.5 bar so i dont know why the discrepency.
i am led to believe i have to drain a radiator from reading on here.
the radiators are like this https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/revive-750h-x-400l-double-deluxe-radiator-k2#.VkhQmnbhCiM
but have crosco stelrad written on them.
they are connected by hose at the bottom. when i attempt to undo the nuts the entire fixing just twists where it enters the radiator. they are very tight. is this the right way to do it for one of these? am i even doing the right thing?
sorry i am abit of a newb with all this but i cant get anyone out to look at it for a while
Sounds like there's a blockage in your pipes. Agree with Dan. Get a competent pro in who well clean your system for you. Prob could do with a power flush

Sponsored Links
well its a rented place, i moved in in may. Its got solar panels on a flat roof, underfloor heating downstairs and thermostat radiators with hose connections upstairs. So there is quite abit of pipework and stuff in the boiler room i am not familiar with relating to the solar installation. The f.32 fan fault has reoccurred quite a few times with increasing frequency followed by the failure f.75 pump water shortage which put it out of action.

so i had someone look at it a while ago re the fan fault, but they could not diagnose it without said fault occurring in person and it irritatingly refused to. i had no idea when they would turn up so hadnt left it in the fault state as it just requires a restart to get it going. i didnt bother getting them back as it was summer. the f.32 fault occurred 2 or 3 x a day last week and then the pump warning after which it wouldnt start.

ill get someone booked on monday but its getting cold and i could do with a wash!
landlord hasnt replied to emails typically.
so i am now at the point where it starts after opening the filling loop but i dont want to damage it etc as the boiler flashes 3.2 bar
am i to leave it off until i get it looked at then?

Is the solar a PV system? Or do you have a cylinder?

If so immersion heater?

Can you post a picture of these hoses?

Last edited:
20151115_105755.jpg
20151115_105812.jpg
20151115_105836.jpg
20151115_105844.jpg
20151115_105856.jpg
20151115_105928.jpg
20151115_105940.jpg
20151115_105955.jpg
20151115_110535.jpg
20151115_111319.jpg

I have turned it back on and the temp is increasing to 50, pressure on the boiler now at the upper range and will presumably shortly start issuing a warning again as it creeps over.
the loop i opened can be seen near the solar tank. this i opened , which seemed to cure the f.75 fault pump water shortage. but the pressure gauge did not move

the boiler is @55c now and not issuing a warning yet. its not over the upper line though

dodgy looking hair on the radiator not mine i might add (not to my knowledge anyway!). That rad is in the hallway. So its now flashing 3.1 bar. I have gone from f.32 fan + f.75 pump to this instead.
20151115_111330.jpg
20151115_114305.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back