Combi Boiler Flue gasses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a combi boiler with a horizontal flue that vents through the side of my garage at a height of about 6.5ft. We have animals and are considering building an enclosure (timber framed with a chicken wire covering). The flue would be very close to the enclosure and so I wondered if the output from the flue could be harmful to animals even though it is at 6.5ft and vents into the open air with no obstructions?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a combi boiler with a horizontal flue that vents through the side of my garage at a height of about 6.5ft. We have animals and are considering building an enclosure (timber framed with a chicken wire covering). The flue would be very close to the enclosure and so I wondered if the output from the flue could be harmful to animals even though it is at 6.5ft and vents into the open air with no obstructions?

It probably depends on the location. If it is down a side passage with a fence or wall close by, then downdraft could be a problem. If the garage wall is just open, then the wind will probably allow the flue gasses to disspate quickly.

Thanks - the garage wall is open at the rear of my property with open space for about 10 meters to the right, 10 meters in front with the flue located about 10 inches from the roof of the garage with open space above it. The nearest wall is a neighbouring property which is about 1 meter from the flue so essentially the flue is open on three sides (in front, to the right and above).

If you are saying that the flue discharges into a space that is 10 metres wide, with a neibours property 1 metre away to the left, that sounds ok.

Some flues do give off quite a gassy smell, you dont want your animals subjected to that. You might have to sit down where your proposed enclosure is and see if it smells!

I dont know what dangerous cokpounds are in flue exhausts, it might be worth finding out -ie those other than CO, that could be harnful to ajimals.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back