Combi Boiler Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

Im having an issue with my Ariston combi boiler and was hoping for some advice. It is giving me a "no circulation" error message when running DHW and also CH. It started happening when I completely drained down the system, and once refilling I bled all areas including the main heat exchanger using the manual vent on the top. I have checked the pump and its totally fine, not blocked etc, I have remove the secondary heat exchanger and cleaned thoroughly with spirit of salts. I have tested the 3 way diverter motor and all is fine. I have taken out the CH filter and cleaned, made sure the AAV is open. I made sure all primary flow, return and filter valves under boiler are open.. still the boiler just kettles and errors out. Am I missing something silly, a small valve or sensor which could be restricting the flow? When I feel the pipes after kettling, the CH flow pipe coming out of the heat exchanger is red hot, it goes down into the secondary heat exchanger and is cold. The output from the pump is cold too.. Could the CH pressure release valve have anything to do with it. When the boiler kettles you can hear the AAV hiss for a second so im assuming its doing its job.

Really could do with an expert on this one as I am about to admit defeat and call in a plumber. Im stubborn and really want to fix this myself.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back