Combi-Boiler, hot water is cold and no bar pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a Megaflo combi-boiler which seems to be experiencing some issues! The bar pressure has reduced to zero and the pump seems to be making more noise than usual. I have tried the method of getting the air back into the system to increase the bar pressure, but this doesnt seem to be working.

Another thing i will be trying is to clean the strainer which apparently could make "the hot water go cold" according to the user manual!

If anyone could suggest anything to me about things to try, maybe i havent even done the above properly (following the manual again!). I dont have an amazing understanding of central heating/plumbing, but am an engineer in trade so should be able to bodge it!

Many thanks in advance (if you need more info to provide a valid answer please just ask!)

Sponsored Links
I am a confused ol hector

do you have a combi or a megaflow as one is a totally different thing from the other

Combi = instantaneous water heater with a diverter valve to provide central heating.

Megaaflow= Brand name for the ebst selling unvented hot water cylinder on the british market, stores hot water but heated either directly with immersion heaters or indirectly by external heat source via super efficient coil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back