Combi boiler - how big/which one?

Can I pick your brain again, please? I had the first engineer to come yesterday and he looked around, checked what system we have, gas supply pipe, etc. We will need to get new 22mm gas supply pipe to the boiler, that is ok.

He advised to keep the existing radiators, but to powerflush them.

He said we don't need room thermostat, and the weather compensation bit will take care of that, just set the radiator TRVs. I know, it would probably all work, and I am not going to argue with him and get him to add the room thermostat, until I have my facts clear. (I haven't decided to go with this guy yet, I am trying to get couple more to come and have a look and I haven't received his quote yet).

I saw on Viessmann website Vitotrol 200 and 300 and I read of people using these with weather compensation kits. Is this a bad idea? I know I would like to have a wireless room stat. I think it would be hard to persuade my OH to think the other way too.

Also - he didn't measure the water flow rate or pressure, just opened a tap upstairs and said that will be fine. He suggested 35kW boiler (for hot water flow rates).

This is my first experience, I haven't dealt with plumbers before nor did I have boiler changed, so any advice would be useful!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back