combi boiler - new piping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice as basically I am utter crap at this sort of stuff.....

I have just moved into a medium size 2 bed 30's flat (with parquet flooring.) It seems as though the previous owners were less than truthfull ref the 'Duvall' boiler. The guy who did the safety inspection plus the guy from Brit Gas reckons get rid (14 yrs old - expansion valve knackered etc) and refit a new condensing combi boiler, both mentioned Worcester Bosch.

I will get a new one fitted in the next few weeks. Because of the flooring (concrete underneath the parquet) they have routed the 2 x pipes around both bedrooms and because of the layout this is on all 4 sides of each. They have attached the pipes to the skirting so it sticks out about 2". I could box it all in but I think that will look a bit naff. Is it possible to take the piping and skirting off, replace with microbore and put a skirting with recess/rowted back.

Can you use microbore with a conden. combi boiler.

How much would you expect to be charged to fit a wall mounted combi boiler (and take the other one out that is at present under the sink)?

Can you buy this sort of skirting off the shelf or is it usually made bespoke?

At the moment I have single panel convextor radiators, can I use this system with the cast iron ones (the ones you had in school)??

Any help/advice you can give will be very gratefully received. :) :?:

Sponsored Links
take skirting off and microbore should fit behind plaster level. re fit skirt.yes you can fit school rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back