Combi boiler piping diagram?

ChrisR said:
The DCV should go at the water main end!!
What I said way back. They just don't listen!

You've bought a non-compliant filling loop (isn't the free market wonderful?). If it bothers you, you can easily make it compliant by adding in the isolating valve you bought earlier and rotating the double check valve. If it doesn't bother you, I don't think any of us will lose any sleep over it either.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR

How can they be installed any other way. Look at the fittings on the T/valve, Flexible and DCV, they cant be connected in the way you suggest.

I can turn the valve at the combi end round so that the flow arrow points towards the boiler.

Try this- Cold mains end - T/valve, short copper tube link with compression ends, DCV (arrow towards return pipe), flexible hose, isolating valve (bought earlier - see your pic.), T into return pipe.

The outlet of the T/valve can become a compression end to copper tube if fitted with nut and olive off another fitting. All the threads are the same - 1/2" suitable for compression nuts or flexi tube nuts. I've done this loads of times so it definitely works.

Sponsored Links
Look mate, we've told you what you need, about 3 places you can get it, what the regs are and why you got it wrong, now you're moaning that it doesn't come to your door free.
Ok try calling a plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back