combi boiler problem and its cold!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Heatslave Junior combi boiler which frankly is a bit of a pain in the proverbial. Hot water is fine, very slow in bath but I can live with that. I switched my heating on two weeks ago and one evening when my other half was on the computer there was interference on the monitor that coincided with a clicking noise coming from the boiler. The clicking was sporadic but continued for about a minute. I turned the heating section off and called our plumber the next morning. He arrived ten days later (during which I hadn't used the heating), switched it on and the stood in the kitchen for 45 minutes waiting for it to click which of course it didn't do. He then left, without even inspecting the boiler and told me to call him if it did it again. Over the weekend I put the heating back on, halfway through Gladiator there was interference on the tv, this time it was clearly audible from both the boiler and the thermostat in the living room. Called the plumber again and he said it was an electrical problem and to call a sparky. But a friend says its a boiler problem and should be checked by a heating engineer. Any suggestions? :?:

Sponsored Links
Well the interfrence to the telly needs a surpresser (but there are some good ol sparks about in here and I am sure they will put you right)

The clicking sounds like the gas valve solenoid to me, which may explain the interference as well but I will let breezer, spark and the others comment on this

My advise is call other CORGI op

Sponsored Links
The heatslave junior is obsolete so you may have trouble with spares.if yo look in the controll box you should see a supresser on the neutral worth replaceing if you can find one, even worcester dont keep the spares for the old junior anymore

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back