combi boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just had a combi boiler system fitted in an old cottage that is being renovated, thought it was the best system because I did not need a water tank and space was scarce however I,ve been told that power showers cannot run off combis and that to get hot water you have to turn the whole system on as they do not have an immersion heater type option - am very confused and regretting not sticking with the old system- can anyone give me advice on best way to use combi and what shower to buy- thanks again

Sponsored Links
Sugget you look at a couple of boiler makers' sites where they run through the options on boilers. COmbis are ok in small properties for showers, only real downside is lack of backup if it fails.

cnoc said:
to get hot water you have to turn the whole system on as they do not have an immersion heater type option -
:confused: :confused:
If you have a combi you can fit a mixer shower.
Not sure about what you were trying to say tho :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Don't those two words just fit together, "combi" and "problem"?
devil-smiley-104.gif

agreed, for the want of saving a couple of square feet for tank,
you get "pipework city" in crammed into a boiler.
i dont know about gas, but looking at oil combis....what a waste of money..
ie: having to keep "heatbank" topped up.

hello there first post here but as regards for the shower issue......

bristan java chrome wall mounted shower.

pressure out of them will be good as you have mains pressure basicly off hot and cold, as regards to leaving it on all you have to do is leave the boiler on standby as you wood normally no need to change there

hope this helps you out.

Howcome this page is this wide Has my puter furked up ? >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<

which forum tells you how to become a master of smileys?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back