Combi boiler and unvented water cylinder

There is no reason why you can't have a combi and unvented direct cylinder working together. It can be done.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
Hi OwainDIYer

Thanks for your comments however due to space restrictions vented is not a viable option, I have enough space to fit an additional boiler and replace the tank if need be, other than that I,m stuck with it.

I,m quiet happy to work in both KW and BTU's however I,ll take your comments on board and work with only one for clarity.

Regards

Some others may have a view on using 4 x 47 kG LPG cylinders because of the extraction rate when its cold and I think that Forfar is one of the colder areas there.

As well as the problem of how often you will need to replace them.

In the warmer UK I bought an LPG boiler from someone who had just given up using 47 kg cylinders and needed about one a week. In cold weather you might need two a week!

Whatever you do be careful as there are many pitfalls.

Solar panels don't have to be on the roof if you are not in a vandal/theft area.

A friend in London had 18 PV panels stolen soon after installation and before he moved in. The scaffolding was still up to make it an easy theft! He has close neighbours either side too.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back