Combi Boiler Quote - Fair?

We would be charging about £1900-£2000 but he may be located in one of those cheap areas for plumbing work.

I remember someone on here had a similar low price and he was CORGI and did a good job at the quoted price!

If he works long days then its £200 per day or perhaps he employs newbees to do it!

Tony

Sponsored Links
the heatline solaris 35pc is a very nice boiler, i have been fitting them a lot lately(just orderd 4). IMO it has the best power to price of any boiler around (that has a stainless steel heat exchanger)

I think my head was turned by the £800 quote, which now seems a bit iffy due to the guy disappearing off the face of the planet.

could be a scorched earth strategy, did not want the job so sour the job for the next plumber

1400 is cheap(maybe too cheap) for what you are getting

My two pennies worth........a fantastic quote.....as long as he is registered, works to standard and he does what needs to be done.

I couldn't work for this money. I too aim for 300 a day but would work when quiet for 200 - 250......

Can't understand how someone could possibly think its dear!!! Surely the OP must have some clue to cost of new boiler??.......800 certainly turned his head. Depending on where he is, 1600-2000 is more ball park

I am based in Greater Manchester.

Are we saying its probably not a good boiler then? The plumber is legit though, only good feedback I have heard. Like I said earlier I have no reason to doubt the man at all.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT - also your points about the £800 and scorched earth etc seem relevant. I now know why it was so cheap, dont want to go into it on here. But I dont see how any honest self employed plumber could ever beat that quote to be fair. It also didnt include any sort of guarantee etc.

Sponsored Links
Heatline are crap, spend a bit more and get a glow worm or better still a Vaillant.

I also think the Heatline Band A is a very good boiler.

But it must be installed on a totally clean system.

Heatline are owned by Vaillant anyway!

Tony

Thanks everyone for your help on this. We are definitely going ahead with the installation now.

Thanks for all advice and what-not. If there is a way to close a topic then I guess the mods can consider this one closed now.

Thanks again.

I know Heatline are made by Vaillant but that doesn't mean they're the same. A Bugatti Veyron is made by the Volkswagon group which doesn't make it the same as a skoda!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back