Combi boiler slow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has recently had a combi boiler installed in her flat. The boiler is approx 15 metres from the hand basin in the bathroom. The installers appeared to have no interest in how this would work in practice. Water pressure into the flat is high (water company tested and confirmed) but the water flow into the bathroom is very low and owing to the long pipe work takes an age to come through.

Can anyone help with the two problems of low flow and the time to produce hot water in the bathroom?
I think I saw a mention in a newspaper of an adapter that would deal with the second problem.

Sponsored Links
A combi will take approx 5-10 seconds to get going from cold.
It then takes maybe 5-10 seconds before it gets anywhere near
starting to generate hot water.
You then have 15metres of 15mm pipe probably of water to
clear through the basin. Basin taps aren't that great so
I would expect maybe up to a minute before you get anything useful.

If you have problems with the flow at the basin it is most likely the tap
at fault.

It's a combi they aren't brilliant.

All the adapter does is reduce the waste of water as it restricts the water until it starts to get hot. It wouldn't make any difference in your situation.

Some of the better combi boilers have a preheat function so they keep
a small store of water hot and ready to go that might save 5-10 second off delivery time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back