Combi Boiler tripping RCD

Just disconnect the wires from the pump if the it don't trip then there is a very good chance it's the pump

Sponsored Links
The meter that I normally carry for boiler repairs is a standard meter with a sensitive clamp facility for measuring earth leakage currents down to 1 mA

Tony

I just bought a mid range mult function tester, the price of it was less than my core drill and was recommended by the assessor, getting on the Part P scheme is easy for any heating engineer, apparently from 2015 NVQ3 lads will have the option in their course to do it, so keeping one step ahead :mrgreen:

I just bought a mid range mult function tester, the price of it was less than my core drill and was recommended by the assessor,
Must be good, then.

getting on the Part P scheme is easy for any heating engineer,
It's easy for everyone. Has anyone ever failed?

apparently from 2015 NVQ3 lads will have the option in their course to do it, so keeping one step ahead :mrgreen:
Ahead of what?

See here.

Sponsored Links
Must be good, then.
Yeah it's a Hilti, one of the best core drills on the market
It's easy for everyone. Has anyone ever failed?
Probably not, seeing as domestic electrical work is most likely the most simple and basic trade out of them all
Ahead of what?
Plumbers coming out of college qualified domestic installers, they haven't had to pay for it though.

You also forgot to mention an electricians most important tool, the hallowed reg book :LOL:

My intention was get advice and not provoque a row between trades man...but any way, thanks for all the advice! I have called a heating engineer and we see what he says

Trade Wars!

Sounds a good name for a TV program!

Domestic sparks are used to it, they get ripped by every other trade on site everyday :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back