heating tripping rcd help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help before i call the plumber out, I put in a new shower pump yesterday just a replacement for a more power full pump and everything worked fine last night and this morning, i switched the heating on this afternoon and it caused the RCD to trip, i ahve reset the RCD and everytime i turn the heating on it trips, when i put the pump in i turned off various stop valves in the airing cupboard where the pump and tank are located and wonder if this has caused a problem, any help would be great full.

Sponsored Links
Could be various things but Id check the pump to the heating 1st,,

There are plenty of possible causes, earth system fault which you have disturbed, faulty wiring on your new pump, coincidental fault.

You need a competent person with an earth leakage clamp meter.

Tony

Look above your motorised valves i bet there is a drip from one of valves you turned off going straight into it .

Sponsored Links
ill take an each way on the pump or a drip as namsag said

water-004.gif

If it was not on a rcd i would say put 13amp fuse in turn lights out and look for the flash far quicker than any of that proper testing shi#e. :LOL: :LOL: Only takes a couple of mins for eyes to refocus :eek: :eek:

Reminds me of when some tw#t used silver foil for a fuse on an old baxi 572 wiring had burnt out and as pulled tray out it shorted onto base neva threw a burner tray away as fast in my life and as ran to turn power off it was bouncing everywhere.
Oh its been blowing fuses for weeks but the foil stopped it they said. Honest never swore at them.. well not for that long :LOL:

There is a scheme where I used to work on that used to trip the electrics when the heating was turned on....

was always the fan.....glow worm fuelsavers various sizes.....if you were real unlucky it took the PCB out along with it.

As suggested big bag of fuses and disconnect things till it works!!! :D

Superduper you will have to explain what a scheme is they are all English. ;)

Might nip back up the road thurs to see the Gers and have a look aroon ma auld scheme. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back