Combi Boiler Won't Repressurise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a new radiator and now the boiler, a Glow-worm 38cxi, won't repressurise. The tap I normally use to maintain the correct pressure is having no effect.

Sponsored Links
One has to ask where the water is going :rolleyes:

If the work involved anything under the floor I would check for an leak.

There is no water entering the system so not going anywhere. When I use the pressurising valve on the boiler, there is not the usual sound of water. Only replaced an upstairs radiator and the end valves.

are you using the blue tap under the boiler?

if so it will probably be the old version with the plastic innards which break and seal shut. the new ones are brass innards.

if you want to you can temporarily fill your system by removing the tap and pushing the plastic stopper down, refit and fill as normal then close it until you get a new tap.

Sponsored Links
The built in filling loop on that range of boiler pretty u/s, I always fit an external filling loop.

It is the blue plastic tap type. I'll try removing the tap and doing a manual fill. Is the stopper obvious or do I need to search for it?

Having taken off the blue tap, it does appear to be broken. I can now fill the system and it is working but obviously it'll need replacing with a brass one.
Thanks for all the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back