Repressurise boiler after bleeding radiators

The plastic lever on the filling valve may be spinning on the shaft of the valve and not operating it, you may need to take it off with a small posi scredriver, and turn the valve with pliers or similar.

Sponsored Links
Depends how far the valve is open ,and how much water is needed to top up to 1 bar. Less than 1 minute if all you did was bleed several radiators

Thanks. Doesn't seem to be working so I'm going to have to get someone to come and have a look at it. Thanks for all your help

Odd ,you said earlier that you could hear water going into the boiler . Is the boiler not firing up for hot water or central heating ?

Sponsored Links
Odd ,you said earlier that you could hear water going into the boiler . Is the boiler not firing up for hot water or central heating ?
Yes I can hear water but the pressure gauge is not moving. Boiler comes on and ignites there is just no pressure

Tap the pressure gauge a few times with your finger ,sometimes they can stick. Before you attempted to top up pressure ,was boiler not working ?

Tap the pressure gauge a few times with your finger ,sometimes they can stick. Before you attempted to top up pressure ,was boiler not working ?
Yes the boiler was working. I noticed when I had the heating on that the tops of my radiators were cold but bottom was hot so I turned the boiler off and waited a few hours to cool down then bled the radiators. When I have turned the boiler back on there is no pressure

The gauge was stuck! Thank you so much! Do I leave all the valves open now?
Yes, what I said earlier was if you’d touched any other valves, but you haven’t, so all good. As per Terry, close the filling loop valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back