combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to everyone

I am sure this question has been asked before in fact i found an old thread on a google search but it was 3 years old.

I am upgrading to a combi / condensing boiler 4 bedrooms two bathrooms i want to buy a good boiler 90% efficent what make and model would suit do you think i have been looking at

valliant ECOmax Pro 28E
http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/vaillant_ecomax_pro.htm

Worcester Greenstar 42CDi combi
http://www.worcestergreenstar.co.uk/greenstar-combi-boiler.asp?id=613

any advice gratefully received :D , i seem to remember hearing somwhere that i may have to change the valves on my radaitors as i am using an non condensing boiler at the moment

Sponsored Links
You should ask in the plumbing / central heating section.

Add a reply to this thread with Please Delete in it and repost your question over there.

Be prepared for them to argue about it for a while though.

But i'd go for the worcester.

Both are very good boilers and either would work very well.. I'm a fan of Worcester, so I'd fit the Worcester but I suspect that a Vaillant man might say fit the Vaillant

Sponsored Links
they're not really comparable, one is 28kw the other 42.

Decide what you want from your heating/hot water system before deciding on boiler/system choice.
Will you be using more than 1 hot water outlet at any one time?
What kind of flow rate do you want?
How good is your main cold water supply?
Would a lack of hot water backup in event of failure be a major problem?

answer these questions first.

As for brands, most people on here will point you in direction of worcester, vaillant, Viesmann a long with a few others, all good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back