combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just had a quote for a combi boiler to be fitted the boiler is a Baxi 150E can anyone advise me on the reliability of this boiler

Sponsored Links
Pay a little more and get a Vaillant-much better in the long run and more economical on gas.

Sponsored Links
105HE one of the best combi`s out there very simple workings very reliable and prob the most popular boiler out there.
Been out as the E and HE for about 9 years now , every boiler breaks down but when these do they are very cheap and simple to repair.
Valliant live on there past name the build quality is not any better than the baxi and they use parts from same manufacturer.

I disagree namsag. Vaillant build quality is in another league to the Baxi/Chaffueturd range in my opinion (and most overs I think you'll find).

Yep.

One of my fitters has just ripped out his 105E and fitted a Vaillant ecoTEC.

Baxi bahama, baxi barcelona, potterton envoy etc etc . Isn't the 105e a rebadged chaffeturd? A 2 year old could design better. Comparing Vaillant to Baxi is akin to Mercedes and Lada.

105he is a perfectly good b rated boiler at reasonable price.

fitted lots. only 1 call back where customer had been messing with it.

Dangermouse . Suggest you look at a 105 it is not a rebadged chaff .
Still don`t think vaillant are any better still living on reputation of the sine 18 and the original 242e.
How many of there boilers from the turbomax onwards have had serious problems with divertor designs and having to be redone what is it with the latest ones recall on the seals melting etc.

Baxi bahama, baxi barcelona, potterton envoy etc etc . Isn't the 105e a rebadged chaffeturd? A 2 year old could design better. Comparing Vaillant to Baxi is akin to Mercedes and Lada.

I thought as x bg you wouldknow better.

Alpha (purely a marketing organisation) bought a european boiler and marketed it in the uk the 240/80e and p. Whether by accident or design it proved to be utterly reliable.

baxi at the time had a pile of esss aitch 1 T but aload of money.

So Baxi did a Victor kiam and bought the factory. Renamed it the 80e and 105e.

every days a school day and you can't polish a turd. 2 very apt thrases.

I thought as x bg you wouldknow better.

Alpha (purely a marketing organisation) bought a european boiler and marketed it in the uk the 240/80e and p. Whether by accident or design it proved to be utterly reliable.

baxi at the time had a pile of esss aitch 1 T but aload of money.

So Baxi did a Victor kiam and bought the factory. Renamed it the 80e and 105e.
does this mean the Baxi 105 HE is ok

Where is that fountain of knowledge Bambergaspipe (oh what a funny name) to give us his informed opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back