Combi boilers and underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help me please?

Hi there everyone, this is my first posting so I hope I've got the format and etiquette correct, please let me know?

I'm running 7 rads off a Vaillant EcoTec pro28 combi and I want add a single loop of underfloor heating in a 24square meter extension.

I intend to run the whole system off the boiler timer and use the thermostatic valves on the rads for temperature control and a motorised valve on the UFH loop for temperature control of the extension.

I am confused as to whether I need a secondary pump for the UFH or whether the combi pump would be ok.

I'm also not sure as to whether using a secondary pump would cause problems with the combi.

I would be greatful for any advice

Sponsored Links
You will need a second pump and mixing valve.
The temperature of the heating water will be too high for underfloor.
Personally I would got for normal radiators respond fast and cheaper to install. Underfloor is grossly over rated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back