combi central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I have a wifi thermostat in the lounge that is set at 20, The heating comes on and surpasses this temperature in the lounge. The thermostat reads 21.5 rooms are very warm and then shuts off, Room temperature then drops to about 15 and the system stays off. Any advice please.

Sponsored Links
Ok no problem, being a Muslim myself and Friday being regarded as our Sabbath i forgot the christian members. I will re-post on Monday.

I was referring to the fact that you have not provided any useful information on the system you have installed.

Post up more details on what you have installed and perhaps we can help.

Sponsored Links
We have just moved in to this house November. The system that was already installed is a alpha HE25 combi boiler, not sure of the age but it appears not to old. The property needed updating so one of the jobs was to install new radiators plus towel rails. Now last night about 10-30 ish the thermostat reached its 20 degrees setting and carried on up to 21.5 then switched its self off. It finally fired up again about midnight, but the temperature had already fallen to 16 degrees. I thought the thermostat would call the boiler for heat the minute the temperature dropped below 20 even by one degree.
the boiler is situated in the loft space, the thermostat is placed in the lounge but not on the wall yet, its placed on the sideboard because i haven't decided the best place for it yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back