Combi + cylinder & expansion setup your views

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok

A friend got a combi installed for his girlfriend in her new house, but because he has had a bad time with combis he decided that he wanted the cylinder and expansion tank kept in the house to supply hot water for the upstairs incase of combi failure. :eek:

Only hot water upstairs is the bath and basin taps...

He originally called me in to have a look at changing bathroom and also change central heating piping from one pipe system to a two pipe system.

After ages of talking to him I persuaded him to have it out and have everything on the combi.

Was just wondering if anybody else has come across, or even installed a similar setup? Or has one?

Sponsored Links
wonderb0y said:
...I persuaded him to have it out and have everything on the combi.

Was just wondering if anybody else has come across, or even installed a similar setup? Or has one?
I've come across countless combi installations. I think I'm not alone.

this sounds like the biggest bodge system of all time.....one pipe rads and a pointless hybrid combi/cylinder affair.

you will be telling me the combi is a baxi or some sort of italian junk next. :eek:

Sponsored Links
combi and cylinder.......I may know of one....and also a house with 2 cylinders and a small electric unvented water heater, and several towel rails...and an electric shower.....and maybe a water softener...well the local merchants will keep giving away/selling cheap @ stocktakes :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back