Will this Combi setup work ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old boiler looks like it is just about ready to pack up.

I have been toying with the idea of converting from the hot water cylinder to thermal store or a combi boiler for a while now. But i think the combi may be a cheaper and easier solution.

The static pressure in the house is at 2bar but the flow is less than 10l/m, we also have 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. So i am thinking of getting a coldstream accumulator (maybe the 500), which should hopefully increase the flow sufficiently, and then use a decent sized combi boiler such as the BAXI platinum 40 HE.

One of the main reasons i was thinking of this BAXI was the 5 year parts and labour guarantee!

Does anyone have any experience or advice with this setup?

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
I would always advise a conservative solution!

Either you upgrade your supply pipe or you use a stored supply and pump it if necessary.

The second is the cheapest and what 80% of houses have in this country. You can use shower pumps to increase the pressure.

Also the immersion will give backup in case of boiler failure.

A Viessmann also has a five year warranty!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back