Acouple of new system questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i am about to get a new boiler and have decided to convert to a combi from a conventional, have setteled on either a worceter bosch or baxi , is one any better that the other,
i have a power shower at the momeny which wont work with the combi so am going to. swap to a mixer valve setup, i have had the mains, pressure measured at the garden tap , 20 Lts a min and 4 bar of pressure, would this give a decent shower flow on a first floor bathroom , the combis are rated at 12 Lts a min hot water
thanks

Sponsored Links
That flow is plenty for a combi, which will be fine provided you only have one bathroom and don't expect to have people using taps elsewhere in the house at the same time as the shower is in use.

What's wrong with the existing boiler, and why are you changing to a combi?

thanks for the reply, old boiler is a really old gloworm spacesaver mk 1 the gas valve has a small gas leak , was going to replace it with another conventional boiler, been advised my system needs updating, as i only have a 2 port valve and no cylnder stat , had a few quotes and its not that much more for a combi.

Sponsored Links
had a few quotes and its not that much more for a combi.

Why pay not that much more for a combi.when a conventional system will be better for your heating and hot water needs. Only if you live in a small compact house or flat will a combi boiler possibly be the better option over a conventional system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back