Combi Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right folks,

Gone to a heating system today total upstairs heating pipework dry and pump making a right row.
I have never came accross this cylinder before but believe the built in header feeds both the CH and HW and is most likely the type with a bubble in it if you know what i mean.

My question is am i better to cap the CH Feed off and add a Header Tank or try and Back Fill the sytem as i am aware this works on the old type with the Cardboard around it.

Please note that the Combined Header Tank still fills the HW no problem.

Thanks

Charles

Sponsored Links
If you talking about a Primatic cylinder it wouldnt be a pumped system would it?

Aint got a clue mate like i said ive never seen this setup before, i initially thought that it must be some sort of weard sealed system setup but after hunting every room in the house could find no way to fill the system so assumed it was like a primatic, defo no headers or filling loop, seems to be a secondry feed from the built in header to the flow which is not working, tried the old magnet but theres no blockage that i can see (if you get my meaning), im sure when with council that i ripped out loads of primatics on classics with pumped systems but thats the reason im asking you guys.

Thanks for response

Sponsored Links
You cant pump a primatic on the HW side, only on the CH

Sorry mate when i said the HW was working i mean that the ball valve and combi tank refill the cylinder when a HW tap is opened in the top of this built in header there is also a cylindrical 4" wide seperate thing that goes nearly all the way to the bottom if that helps where the CH feed seems to be

Sounds like a fortic primatic, take it there no other headers anywhere else, drop some ch water from a drain off and see if cylinder fills from same header as hot water does

It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about ;)

you have an elson tank, they can be very difficult to clear when the ch feed blocks, sometimes your lucky and sometimes you aint, try back feeding it from the mains.

Thats what i thought as my above post, is it possible to cut out the cylinder feed and attach a Header tank, wont be breaking any regs doing that will i?

I got it wrong mate I seen the mention of the cardboard and jumped to the conclusion you had an elson.

err am i reading this right (have had a beer or 2)

some tit who don't know what a primatic is is playing about and thinking of putting a header tank in :rolleyes:

somebody please correct me :D

err am i reading this right (have had a beer or 2)

some tit who don't know what a primatic is is playing about and thinking of putting a header tank in :rolleyes:

somebody please correct me :D

No your right THIS tit who has never come across THIS system is asking a question so he does NOT do the wrong thing, you gonna pick fualt or give advice?

if a primatic wont fill the system its "donald ducked"

fitting a header tank will acheive the grand total of jack

other option is remove it and fill it with DS3

all you will be doing your way is filling a direct cylinder which will scale the lot up :idea:

btw tha cardboard covered ones are elsons ;)

sorry if i came across as sharp

if a primatic wont fill the system its "donald ducked"

fitting a header tank will acheive the grand total of jack

other option is remove it and fill it with DS3

all you will be doing your way is filling a direct cylinder which will scale the lot up :idea:

btw tha cardboard covered ones are elsons ;)

Thank you very much but still dont get why a header wont achieve what the combined header was?
Is it not a little early to be drinking ;) if your in the states

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back