Combi dripping from red tap on flow pipe? Pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
There’s a slow drip coming from a red tap/isolator thing under my combo boiler, is there a fix for now?
It’s an Alpha eco2 plus and looks like it is the flow to the radiators.
It doesn’t seem to turn
Thanks
IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Judging by the green gunge on the pipe above the tap, the leak is probably coming from above the tap, possibly inside the boiler casing. Looks like a job for a Gas Safe engineer.

Yes that joint is covered in green mildew type thing. I can’t see any water coming from anywhere.
I’ve put a bucket underneath and will call a plumber in the morning.
I’ll keep an eye on the water pressure I guess

Sponsored Links
Plumber?

Save yourself a second trip and look for someone with boiler specific experience of your make and model.

What does this but do? It looks like it should be a simple joint between the boiler and pipe so why does it need this screwy isolator thing?

What does this but do? It looks like it should be a simple joint between the boiler and pipe so why does it need this screwy isolator thing?
According to the manual, that is port E and is the primary heating flow. Usual to have a valve on these things to help in cases such as yours where servicing is required.

Yeah that makes sense, just a shame when it’s the actual valve itself fails.
Looks like spares are obsolete but a few places showing stock, come as a pack with a few parts in, comes to £155!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back