Small Drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just had a new tap put on my kitchen sink and now there is a small drip from one of the old joints just below where it was connected. I'm looking to put a new flexi pipe in to replace all the old bends in the pipe work but the stop tap isn't the best at stopping. The leak is on the hot side, if I were to isolate the inlet at the combo boiler would this stop the flow or would it cause a problem at the boiler end?

Sponsored Links
Closing the cold inlet to the combi will stop the water flow to the hot pipes. But beware, it is posdible that the iso valve on the boiler may start leaking after you disturb it.

If possible, turn your water supply off from the Toby in the road, and then service your stop cock in the house....I realise it's more work but as TCC says, your boiler isolator a may weep afterwards - and so may you :p
Don't ask how I found that one :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
The boiler leaking isn't really what I'm after lol. If the stop in the street does work, it would mean stripping the kitchen floor and a few cupboards to even get access to the stop tap to replace it unfortunately. As usual the stop tap has been buried away behind a cupboard when the kitchen was installed before we moved in. Why people don't leave them accessible is beyond me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back